Anniversary in French Lick

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Standing and Real Food!!

Eric stood up today!!!! He had several people supporting him, but he was on his feet! Twice!! Also, this morning, the speech therapist decided that he could swallow well enough to eat pureed food. He had lunch and dinner today of mashed potatoes, gravy, meat of some sort (it IS pureed meat....), sherbet, thickened grape juice (finally!) and cranberry juice, pureed peas (he didn't even touch those - too much like baby food), and frozen berry something-or-other. It sure smelled good, even if the texture was off a little. What a great day! :)

Love,
Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Great news!!!! We are all celebrating today.

    Love you guys,
    Jerry & Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll be ready for home cooked meals in no time... and scotch. Glad to hear how well you're doing. Keep up the progress!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Eric, what kinds of scotch do you like? I prefer highland over islay because I'm not as big of a fan of peaty scotches. Jon has a bottle of Aberlour a'bunadh that I like quite a bit. Of course, now you've got me thinking about scotch and how much longer I have to wait to enjoy a glass... Only 6+ weeks 'til the baby is due! You will probably be allowed a drink before me. You'll have to enjoy a scotch for me. I'll just take sniffs of Jon's.

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eric, its Steve Kacmarik, the 01-05 PAPA member with the Red SS, and then the Silver SS. Seems like just yesterday we were washing our cars in West Lafayette or at some car show. Keep up the good work brother. I'll be sending my wishes and prayers like all the other PAPA members.

    ReplyDelete