Anniversary in French Lick

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crutches!

Today my physical therapist took a chance and gave me crutches to try out, not in the conventional way but left crutch with right foot and vice versa. It went pretty well, I walked 150' on my first try and only really relied on the crutches for stability. After a couple of times I was leaning on them pretty hard and we had to move on to something else but I was told that we wouldn't use the walker anymore. If I do go home next week, I'll feel much more mobile using crutches than a walker and this takes a wheel chair completely out of the picture.

Eric

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, big guy, welcome back from all of us! Whew...man, you have no idea what your wife has been through...you scared the living ---,out of her! Don't do this again, huh? it's really hard on her out here while they got you all doped up and oblivious. Really scary, not cool...stay this way, eh? Welcome home Eric, welcome home...

    ReplyDelete