Anniversary in French Lick

Friday, December 18, 2009

Quick Friday Night Update

Eric remains in a stable condition. The doctor is able to back off on how many blood products he is receiving, also! He had his third dose of chemo this afternoon and his white blood cells are down to 31.5 thousand -- it just keeps dropping! He has only one more dose in this round of chemo on Sunday. He had some more minor complications with his ventilation tubes last night, so he is back up to a high percentage of oxygen being delivered. The respiratory therapist said that the chemo could make his lungs worse for a little while till the rest of his body catches up, so this is to be expected. Overall, he seems to be resting comfortably, which is absolutely great and is following all the right trends.

As for me, I left the hospital last night when my throat started feeling strange, and it turns out I came down with strep throat... fantastic timing, right? The good news is that I was able to start taking medicine today and have been getting a lot of sleep at home in Lafayette. I just hope I didn't pass anything on to the rest of the family. I shouldn't be contagious for too much longer, so that is good, too. I promise to give a more thorough update once I get some more sleep and get back to the hospital.

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Melissa and Eric,

    Eric and you have been in my prayers since I heard about Eric's condition. Best wishes and I will keep praying for both of you.

    Sharon Ebersohl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa and Eric,
    You are both in my thoughts and prayers constantly - and am so glad Eric's numbers are improving! One day at a time.....hang in there!

    Love,
    Aunt Floy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric & Melissa,

    You don't know me but I work with Melissas' cousin, Nancy Wilson. since Nancy told me about your situation, my family and I have been praying for you. Be strong and know everyone is thinking and praying to help both of you thru this.

    Wendy Mueller

    ReplyDelete