Anniversary in French Lick

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good night, hoping for more progress today

Hi everyone,

Eric had a great night last night. His white blood cells continue to improve. In just 12 hours he doubled his white blood cells from 2200 to 4200. This is excellent (as long as the cells continue to be healthy, normal cells). Eric's platelets are holding as well at 62,000. This is really helping to reduce all the bruising on his arms and legs. Eric's CO2 and pH continue to go in the right direction. Baby steps towards recovery.......

Last night around 3am, Eric was much more awake. He was able to shake his head no when I asked him if he was in pain. He squeezed my hand when I asked him to. I told him it was nice to see him. :) I just can't explain how the little things like that keep us going. He's in there and fighting hard.

The critical care doctors stopped in this morning saying they are going to try to reduce the ventilator settings and the sedation today. We are hoping for a good day today.

Love,
Sara

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how happy that makes me that he squeezed your hand!! Looking forward to more good news today!!
    Take care you guys,
    Sarah Soboleski

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news! Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sara. That is great news. Glad you got to share those moments with him. I am sure it meant a lot to him and to you. He is such a fighter and your family is so strong. My sister added Eric to her prayer group list. Jolene is trying to fill me in on all the medical stuff so I know what is going on. I know I keep saying it but you and your family are constantly in my thoughts and I know Eric can get through this. You all keep up the good fight! So glad to hear the good news! :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!!! Keep fighting Eric!
    ~Melissa Fulford

    ReplyDelete