Anniversary in French Lick

Friday, March 19, 2010

1 More Day!

Four sessions of therapy today and then I'm done with inpatient rehab. I go home tomorrow morning!!

Both of my therapists had scheduled vacation days for today so yesterday was my last day with both of them, and they made me pay for it. I was going up and down stairs, walking on uneven surfaces outside, walking backwards, riding an exercise bike and arm bike, doing wheelchair pushups, the works. I'm pretty sore and tired today but shouldn't be doing too much exercise in therapy. I think we'll be doing mostly transfers in and out of the wheelchair, work in the kitchen and laundry, and getting clothes out of closets and draws with crutches. I'm going to need to do all of the strength and speed assessments again too so that we can get starting and ending results.

I should be starting outpatient therapy up in Lafayette on Monday, probably going 2-3 times per week.

Eric

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. You actually get to go home!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

    Love you,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are things going at home? We hope well-can't wait for your next update and to hopefully see you again soon! :D

    Love,
    Matthew and Sarah

    ReplyDelete