Anniversary in French Lick

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back to the IU Hospital

Melissa and I are heading back down to Indy tomorrow morning for more chemo. This round should go significantly smoother than the last. Melissa spoke with a Dr. Cripe's nurse this week and got some details. Due to my blood thinners, I will not be receiving chemo through a central line in my chest. Instead, they will be putting it through an IV which will only be hooked up for a little bit each day while they are giving me some of the most expensive posion known to man. In addition, I will still be receiving more chemo into my spinal fluid.

This weekend was a lot of fun, friends were in town from Thursday through today around lunchtime and my mom and dad came over for dinner. We played with the two dogs and one baby that were in town, did a little car shopping for Melissa (Joel, I liked your idea; unfortunately Melissa rejected the idea of me getting an S4 and her getting the TDi - she also rejected on the R8 in the showroom), grilled out and watched plenty of movies and basketball games.

I ditched the crutches this weekend and worked on walking without them. By the end of the weekend I was able to walk without swaying around, much, and am able to go up and down stairs without any crutches and without having to go one step at a time, although I'm still tugging on the railing pretty hard.

Eric

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a fun weekend---we've been thinking about you a lot! :) We are praying for you.
    -Matt, Sarah and Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric - We are praying for you and Melissa. Remember that you are "invincible" and the chemo will be over soon.

    You have demonstrated your tremendous strength in the last month. I always said your persistance would take you far, and it has. Keep up the good work!

    Love

    mom

    ReplyDelete